This information comes from the Corporation for National & Community Service. Statistics for this area were collected within the St. Louis Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). St. Louis, MO is the only major city included in this MSA.
Trends and Highlights Overview
Overall, in St. Louis, MO, in 2014:
- 29.0% of residents volunteer , ranking them 15th among the 51 largest MSAs
- 623,000 volunteers
- 34.3 volunteer hours per capita
- 62.5 million hours of service
- $1.8 billion of service contributed
- 55.1% of residents donate $25 or more to charity
Civic Life in America (2013 data):
- 88.4% frequently talk with neighbors
- 43.4% of residents participate in groups and/or organizations
- 59.9% of residents engage in “informal volunteering” (for example, doing favors for neighbors)
- Additional data is available on voting, group participation, social connectedness, and other volunteering and civic life indicators.